Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

ESUCC Cooperative Purchasing


Ajax Loading Image


Swank Movie Licensing

About Swank - Movie Licensing
Swank Movie Licensing provides Public Performance Site Licensing to K-12 schools and public libraries on behalf of the major Hollywood motion picture studios. In addition to providing peace of mind, this license insures that the legal requirement is met when entertainment movies are used in these public venues.

According to Federal Copyright Law, a movie license is required anytime a school shows a movie for entertainment purposes such as: Family Movie Nights / Fundraising Events, Before/ After Care, Student Rewards / Incentives, Indoor Recess / Holidays, Summer Camps, or Staffing Emergencies.

In addition to fulfilling a legal requirement, Swank Movie Licensing also provides promotional materials to help promote your events, fun family night ideas, as well as fundraising activities to share with your staff.

The Public Performance Site License covers each site individually. Therefore, each separate school building requires a license. If you have questions on whether or not your schools are considered separate sites, please contact Swank Motion Pictures to ensure proper coverage.

To receive State Level pricing schools must renew between February 1 and May 15 of each year.  Otherwise school districts may contact the Movie Licensing USA representative listed below to purchase a license until the next enrollment period is open.  Billing will come from ESU Coordinating Council (ESUCC) and PO's should be made out to ESUCC.

Did You Know?

Swank K-12 Streaming makes it easy for teachers to assign films through any LMS, including Google Classroom, Schoology and Blackboard.   Learn More


To place an order and view pricing visit ESUCC Marketplace.

Swank Movie Licensing FAQ's:
Does my School require its own license?
Nebraska Schools Informational Sheet
Copyright Compliance

K12 Sole Source Letter
K12 Frequently Asked Questions

Empowering Learning with Movies
Author Movie Licensing USA / Apr 05, 2018
Check out how the Thayer Central Community School in Hebron, NE, uses movies to further enhance lessons from their favorite stories.

Swank Movie Licensing Representative:
Angelia Dixon Bunch
Phone: (877)321-1300
Movie Licensing USA Website

Contract Type: Negotiated Special Buy Agreement