Sysco Food Services
Sysco East Region Monthly Order Guide
Monthly Lunch Calendar Template
Sysco The Fresh Press Flyer
Sysco K12 Product Guide
2017 Food Bid Information:
A one year contract awarded to Sysco beginning with the 2018-2019 school year, including up to (3) one-year fixed fee negotiable extensions through 2020-2021.
- To establish a state-wide Food program which:
- Allows Vendor or Vendors to provide food supplies and services and increase food service value to ESUCC affiliated schools and members with significant cost savings, quality food items, and exceptional service.
- Provides an open and free competition that ensures fair and ethical bidding practices
- To accept a bidder proposal based on price, incentive, and service.
The ESUCC Cooperative Food Program established in 1995 will begin its 22nd year of service to the ESU affiliated schools in Nebraska. Sysco is our awarded Vendor for the 2018-2019 school year. All merchandise is ordered, delivered and billed directly to the schools. Food agreements are sent to schools in May of each year. It is never too late to participate. If you did not receive your school agreement or are interested in learning more about the program, please contact us at 1-402-387-1245.
Completed agreements should be mailed or emailed to:
ESUCC Cooperative Purchasing
Attn: Colleen Lentz
1292 E. 4th St.
Ainsworth, NE 69210
ESUCC Cooperative Purchasing Food Program Details
Sysco Bid Categories Include:
- Canned and Dry Grocery Goods
- Dispenser Beverages
- Frozen Goods
Other Contracted Categories Include:
- Small Wares
- Paper/Plastic Products
Sysco Contract Period:
- Annual: August 1st- July 31st
- Contract negotiated and renewable annually through school year 2020-2021
School Agreement Period:
- Yearly Commitment
- August 1 to July 31st of the following year
Sysco agrees to:
- Provide on-site audit information for cost control by ESUCC Cooperative Purchasing.
- Provide participating schools price lists on a monthly basis.
- Hold firm prices for 30 days and any price increases of 5% or more held for another 30 days, (one week for meats, produce, dairy, and fresh seafood).
- Offer full credit and pay all return charges for defective packaging or deficient quality.
- A 98% monthly fill rate.
- Delivery to occur during normal school hours or as negotiated between the school and vendor.
- Provide a sales representative on a regular schedule to take orders, consult and present new items on a regular schedule.
- Electronic ordering is available, ask your sales representative for more information.
ESUCC Coop agrees to:
- Conduct the bid process and monitor the awarded vendor contract.
- Arrange regular meetings with the vendor to review the program and make adjustments.
- Conduct periodic audits for cost control.
- Approve price increases of items over 5%.
- Act as liaison between vendor and schools/members for problem resolution.
ESUCC schools/members agree to:
- Purchase 60% of: the total dollar amount reported on the previous year's NDE Child Nutrition Financial Report minus the total dollar amount spent on commodities the same year, realizing however, that the more they order from Sysco, the more they will save.
- Order as needed: weekly, monthly, or as negotiated between the school and vendor.
- Payment Terms are SE20 - Purchases from previous month due the 20th of the following month.
- $500 order minimum to avoid $25 drop fee.
Benefits for Nebraska schools include:
- Competitively bid Food Program - (21 vendors invited to bid)
- Savings for Legal review of RFP
- Savings of Staff time to create, publish, award RFP
- Delivered price to school/member - Sum of "Landed Cost" and "Fixed fee"
- Save approximately 15% on food costs, not considering time and cost savings.
- Additional 1% discount on purchases when yearly 60% commitment amount is met.
- Easy access to bid documents through ESUCC Marketplace for compliance audits.
- Manufacturer rebate program where rebates are returned to member district.
ESUCC Cooperative Purchasing, Sysco, and the ESUCC Affiliated School/Members will become partners in an effort to provide quality products and service at the best possible price for ESUCC schools/members.
Nebraska Department of Education - Nutrition Services
- Sysco Product Sales Sheet
- Child Nutrition & Product Formulation Statement Items
- Online express ordering
- Food Service Express - from Med-diet: a direct ship program with specialty therapeutic products such as allergen free, gluten free, dysphagia and shelf-stable disaster meals.
- Sysco Shape - Tools and resources available to help meet the growing demand for nutritious and "good for you" food products.
- Supplies on the Fly - Sysco's equipment and supplies website
- Sysco KEYS In-service solutions - a complete kit that offers instructional presentations and literature for employee training, topics including sanitation, allergens, HACCP, work safety, diet education, food cost and regulations.
- Education Interface - a 24 hour, 7 days a week interactive web-based training library of safety, foodservice, and professional development courses.
- School Lunch Plan Calendar - Pads can be requested from Sysco or utilize the link to print your own.
- Video Lending Program - available to borrow from Sysco Lincoln: ServSafe video training series on food safety, work safe video training series on preventing injuries.
- Food Shows - opportunities to expand product knowledge
- Cutting Edge Solutions - on trend products exclusively from Sysco and directed at schools, for example - Carrot and Parsnip Fries, baked not fried.
- Buy Local - Sysco's locally grown initiatives work closely with small farms and local producers to make their high quality products accessible.
- Sysco's Foodie Magazine
- Sysco Brand Tier Guide
- Sysco Kids Klassics New Food Items
Contract Type: ESUCC RFP